02AUG2018 – Quote of the Day

“The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for something they can’t get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods.”

H. L. Mencken

17 thoughts on “02AUG2018 – Quote of the Day

• August 2, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Charlie Reese wrote this barn burner. I’m spreading I around, it was given to me by others who are spreading around.
    The greatest rant ever written.

Wow just Wow.

And the truth of it, is it any wonder why Mr. Trump then is able not only able to do what he is accomplished, but do things in hours what would take years, it it ever got done to begin with.
    He is not one of the 545.
    Neither are we.

And look who it is we are fighting…eachother.
    Divide and conquer is the hallmark of the weasels in the swamp.

I hope we end up throwing the bums out.

• August 3, 2018 at 5:09 am

That’s very good. I’ll have to link that on the site later. I’m off on a day trip away from the internet this morning. I’ll be back mid-afternoon. Have a good morning.

• August 3, 2018 at 12:07 pm

My wife learned Reese published back a few years just before he passed. Timeless and more relevant today, a hallmark of keen insights if you ask me.

Hope your errands went well. I’m off to tend our truck garden. Been trying an experiment with sharecropping. One of the efforts my neighbor farmer and friend and I are making, to create another level of community and tribe up on our rural remote ridge top community. Lot of cattle are raised up here, and there is a surplus of grazing and hay fields. Some are under grazing/hay crop lease and arent fully utilized.
    We are thinking if we can set an example, we can help our neighbors with little or no farmable land be more food self sufficient. Most of the farmable land is taken up on legacy generational land and farms, the balance of residential land is either forrest or too steep to plot farm. I tried terrace farming in my steep land, but the work involved was too much for me physically. Though I kept the prime section I terraced and grow a couple staples like taters beans and tomatoes and fresh herbs for canning.
    Aside from bartering my metal fab/machine shop resource services for beef, we have a generous deer hunting bag limit, along with DNR deer kill permits for deer eating our cattle corn, we have an abundance of deer meat, which up here is traditional pressure canned. Outstanding delicacy. My wife cans up our taters and carrots we grow with deer meat, a shot of worcester sauce, and that is the most toothsome delight in the dead of winter, dump a jar in a pan heat it up, with some homemade biscuits. Life is good!

This truck garden is out along the ridge road, so anyone interested can stop and chat. Puts it thru the hillbilly grapevine, a remarkable intelligence network. Its the dirt people organic facebook.

Got my hands on a few local hierloom seeds, a white hickory grinding corn. They have grown to 10 ft, and produce 4 ears so far, giants, a old Italian hierloom tomatoe, very large, meaty multi purpose fruit, a half runner bean with intense flavor, and sorghum, basically sugar cane. The farmer who has kept it claims 3 generations of continuous planting. These are all local heirlooms, and acclimated to the high elevation, and weather, soil and season length. They are all prolific producers. I’m highly impressed so far. And delighted to have such productive plants.
    Last summers end my best friends wife came up with the idea of an all from the garden, field, and woods barbecue. Open invite for all, it was a fantastic success. The food was absolutely amazing. Of course everyone brought their favorite dish, and seeds to give to others. Everyone is excited about this years event.

Nothing like food in WV to bring people together. These folks are eaters and highly respect good wholesome food. I moved here from NH 11 years ago. My wife and I got married in WV, we moved after and never looked back. This is my family and tribe now.
    Great agrarian life. We are lucky up on this ridge, it is very remote in a number of ways from the outside modern world.

• August 3, 2018 at 9:24 pm

Yes thanks, things went very, very well. I’m glad you’re finding some good neighbors where you are. That puts you way ahead of the curve. Part of why I started this website was to make some friends and try to bring people together around positive things and share some of my interests. I’m glad to hear you’ve got some farming and hunting opportunities in your neck of the woods.

• August 4, 2018 at 3:31 pm

I hear you. It begins with each of us I think. We built our own hybrid off grid wind & solar system. Constantly folks come by and ask about how we did it and its performance, cost etc. I offer most everyone if the want feel free to copy what we did, and to provide help with theirs. So far 3 people are pretty serious about building their own. A forth neighbor is building a log cabin mansion near by, they asked for a quote for me to install a total offgrid system for them when they begin building. See how that goes. It will be about 20 grand in parts and pieces alone to power entirely from a hybrid off grid battery bank system.
        When we began, we had no one to guide us or a working system to reference. You can buy all the main components, its the materiels to tie everything together that’s the hard part. There’s nothing out there specific. U have to get ingenious and invent alternative uses of pieces not intended persay for a standalone system. Grid feed systems are easy, mount your panels, plug in your grid feed inverters from your solar cables, and into a wall socket or two. Bingo done.

Its been another way to connect with our neighbors.
        We have like everywhere unfortunetly, meth and pill addicts and dealers causing problems up here. It got pretty crazy last summer, and we all where fed up. I got my friend and myself, to go house to house and talked with a lot of folks. It was the right thing to do as we got a tremendous intelligence, and it created a solidarity of sorts to take matters into our own hands. Even the county sherrifs gave us their blessing, that they trusted us up here, that they know we are all good people who never need the law and mind our business properly, that it is time we took matters into our own hands. That was one wild eye opening thing right there.
        What we did was pretty simple. In fact I did most of it in the beginning.
        Everywhere the pillheads and meth heads met up to sell buy and use on public or private land not theirs, (as we got everyone’s blessings to chase off these drugies from their property), We would politely approach the addicts and dealers, with a pistol open carried, and a shotgun carried in safe position, and ask these kids if they knew anybody selling or using drugs. Real polite and courtesy like in a calm friendly manner. Everytime, these druggies would be super polite right back and say No Sir! We dont know of anybody, and I’d tell them real friendly, well that’s good to know, thank you. We dont care if those drug users and dealers do what they like at their homes, that’s none of my or our business
        I think we all dont want the law up around here bothering anyone, so if you hear of anyone messing around off their property, give them a heads up please. Appreciate you all, be safe now.
        Ok, you too Sir, appreciate you too!

In one week all the drug activity dried up like it never existed.

You want to talk about street cred. Oh my, did my buddy and me receive it from our niebhors. And almost all the petty thieving and breakins stop too.
        Though on Las Christmas’ eve, at 9pm, my buddy, me and 5 others eating dinner together, got a call about a breakin 2 houses down, the caller was somebodies cousin, who saw flashlights thru the windows, and put his trucks nose up to the front door to keep the thieves from escaping. The thieves broke a second floor window out, and of all things squeezed off a mag from a nine mil pistol at tho cousins truck. He backed up the road right quick, and we all got in my buddies flat bed armed to the teeth, went screaming down, and being I seen the thieves flashlights in the woods, behind the house, which is my wods on my land, I chased those idiots all the way back up to my buddies farm in the pitch black rain, telling them I’m gonna roll your dead worthless arses into a hollow where none of your folks will see you again.
        We where furious these pricks on Christmas eve no less, thieving and shit. They must have had cell phone contact with a pickup vehicle, they got up over my buddies damn on his pond and jumped his cattle gate onto the road before I could make it top the damn to get a bead on the bastards.

The Sherriff showed up few minutes later, and took a look at us armed up, and nodded his head, said looks like you all dont need us to help you. God job men. Merryxmas!
        Haven’t had a word about thieving in months.
        Its really telling how it has worked since we took it into our hands. How it has evolved. I’ll B in my truck garden, and have my .300 BLK AR slung over my shoulder, or running hay with my buddy for his cattle in his tractor, with that .300 AR, and ladies driving by will toot and wave, a big smile, or a thumbs up. Most up here all wave and toot as they go by, but now its another level. Its really cool. Never considers all that, just wanted to resolve bad problems well. It sure has worked out great so far.

So yeah, like you said, bring people together. Its important. Important in ways you can’t imagine till it happens.
        I’m with you far as the wen is concerned. I see it as a phenomenal vehicle for creating community, cooperation, all that wonderful stuff.
        Like us 3 people figuring out stuff and yakking away.
        It’s a grew life πŸ™‚

• August 4, 2018 at 3:48 pm

Well, if you’ve already got a neighborhood watch set up you definitely are way ahead of the curve for when the SHTF. Living where I do in Southern New England there’s no solidarity worth mentioning. If it wasn’t for family duties I’d have moved out to Utah a few years back. But someone’s got to report from behind enemy lines. Well anyway I admire the cooperative protection you folks have set up.

• August 3, 2018 at 12:21 pm

PS, this came across the resistance MAGA network:

Seems the Secret Service and others caught wind of CNN and the neo-bolsheviks antifa attempting to create a little false flag event framing Q and the Qanons as violent Nazis in the early hours before a Trump MAGA rally in Wylkes Booth PA.

Interesting and interestinger.
    Mmm.
    If Pizzagate and the ongoing deep state palace coup is not true, why try to frame the grass roots movement behind exposing these truth of these hedious crimes and treason and its actors?

• August 3, 2018 at 7:06 pm

A quick google search shows H L Mencken as the originator of that quote, but I certainly wasn’t there to testify one way or another.

I followed your link but quickly got lost. Who/what is “Q and the Qanons”?

• August 3, 2018 at 7:31 pm

TomD & mtnforge:
      I think this may be the first series of comments between two readers on the blog. I should stay away more often. I may be the problem.

• August 4, 2018 at 2:18 pm

I can’t see that being the case. Speaking for myself I appreciate you and your comments, in high regard.

My blog rarely receives comments. Though I have read and deleted a number of just hateful deranged posts by what appears to be psychopaths or nasty trolls from the left.
        I do get regular visits from encrypted internal email accounts on my stats page originating at corporate Google and Yahoo. I figure they are checking out my White right wing racist Nazi skinhead blog posts.
        LOL’s!

• August 4, 2018 at 2:30 pm

PS, I try to link your posts on my blog regularly, though I’m without a computer currently, its out for repairs. Links to Your Trump satires are consistent. I takes awhile I suppose to pick up a core of regular commenters, then I think that’s when the scrum gets going.
          You have a great blog title, post intelligent interesting things.
          From the first time, I’ve made your blog a daily visit in a merry go round of daily blogs and sites.

Lot of people I suspect have their shy shoes on at first, and wait for comments they feel they can join in because of familiarity with a subject or what not.
          There’s a few blogs I never comment on. Its fun enough just being a lurker.
          Any of that make sense?

• August 4, 2018 at 2:42 pm

It makes plenty of sense. And thanks for the links. They are very important for finding new readers. And I’m glad you find it interesting. I think I’m starting to understand how the whole blogging thing needs to be done. It has meant I have to put aside a pretty decent chunk of time daily to do justice to the readers time. I try to keep my posts short because time is a precious commodity. As far as comments I think you’re right. It takes time for people to feel comfortable enough to chime in. But I think I’m starting to get there.

• August 4, 2018 at 2:49 pm

By the way, can you see that you are on my list of links? I need to make sure that the web page still looks like how I set it up. Every time I add a plug-in to the site I worry that the page will be warped so that things won’t be visible as they should.

• August 4, 2018 at 2:33 pm

I guess I understand why comments are scarce here too. Folks are hesitant to engage in the current environment. Fear of being doxxed or trolled. That’s why I like to have varied content. There are plenty of neutral subjects that are under served for our side of the fence. For instance, almost every photography site is dominated by left wing loons who troll any non-progressives and try to elicit outrage through over the top inflammatory statements and then ban them. By having my own site I hope to provide a better environment for any photogs on our side of the fence.

• August 4, 2018 at 2:03 pm

That’s a complex thing to describe Q and the Anon’s on 4channel and 8channel.
      Extremely briefly, Q is a avatar for somebody who has access or is involved in, with, Trump’s White Hats. It appears after JFK’s assassination, an internal group within our government has quietly and carefully organized a resistance within the government, and they are with Mr. Trump, working to rid the Republic of its domestic internal enemies, usurpations and power.
      Q has maintained a reddit thread where he lays out “breadcrumbs”, to provide clues to events in the form of getting people to think outside their normal safe thinking process, in regards to the deep state and its actors and affiliation’s like the globalist power undermining and destroying traditional cultures, nation states and their indigenous native peoples, such as the unelected bankster lords of the EU.
      There all sorts of thoughts and conspiracy theories built up around Q and his revelations. No question he or it has inside knowledge of events and people, regardless, Q seems like what you would call a White Hat and is a Patriot, unless the whole thing I some complex ruse to direct people to mislead them.

Personally, I find his posts rather intriguing, there’s linkage within linkage within linkage, some unknown unknowns seem to be revealed. I dont find it profound or mysterious, I do find the info and clues informative, and most entertaining. There’s a constant thread of truth that runs continuous unbroken thru the uninterrupted series of posts, which are up in the high 1200’s Las I checked. The Anons are sublime investigators, or Autistic genius’s who discover things from the smallest clues. Q uses them to take his bread crumbs and lead people to figure out things for themselves in their own way.
      Very fascinating to say the least.
      Of course Q like Alt-Right is reviled and despised by the fake press and interestingly HRC, the Podesta’s, and the usual suspects.
      if you go on to the thread archive, which is unrolled, and read it from the start to present, you get a pretty good sounding about what’s going on. Its realm the only way to get the direct unvarnished facts. Theres a couple blogs where they scrutinize and put spin or tie up loose ends, and they can provide perspective. Regardless much is left to ones speculation, and you have to be cognizant of many details in the news, events, people and places in order to get the most out of Q and his Anon’s thread posts.
      It is engrossing I you like to solve puzzles engrames and secret squirrel stuff.
      It is a lot of fun, and some of the revelations van be uncanny spooky connections.
      I’ll provide links for you later.

• August 5, 2018 at 10:10 am

I remember linkage in the page that shows where people link to leaving my blog. And a number of times your blog referred my blog with linkage back. It doesn’t specify if you have a purposed link just for my blog. But I’m new to WordPress blog operating system. Haven’t got the feel yet for their software engineering style, so I’m probably missing using a number of features I haven’t noticed or understand.
    Makes sense?

• August 5, 2018 at 10:18 am

Ah, I see. My blogroll, which your site is included in, is probably invisible from the top of my post page. One of these days I’ll have to look for a new set up that highlights more stuff but I’m not much of a webmaster.