2018 Mid-Term Election Night Live Blogging Open Post

I’ll be updating the election results throughout the night.

I’ll start off the action by posting my predictions.  Anybody who wants can out theirs in the comments.

Senate R54 / D46

House Republicans with a majority of 2 seats.

What’s your guess?

7 am update:

The ever hedging Nate Silver has increased the Dems odds:

SILVER: 88% DEMS TAKE HOUSE…  20% SENATE…

But still says anything can happen.  Now there’s confidence in your numbers.

Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends.”  Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Well here we go again.  I’ve been doing the Election Night Vigil religiously every two years since 2000.  And only the 2006 and 2008 were so painful that I wish I had skipped them.  But I have a good feeling about tonight.  Have a great day.

1pm Update

It’s still a long time until results come in so I have some fun links to while a way the time

6 pm Update

Well I voted the straight Republican slate!  But this is New England so not a single one of my picks will be elected.  But I’m home and I have all the resources of the internet and the MSM at my disposal, meaning there’s nothing to say yet.  Stay tuned.

7pm Update

Drudge Headline

EXIT POLLS SHOW DEM WAVE BUILDING  –  FEW SENATE RACES CLOSE

But ……Robby Mook, the former campaign manager for Hillary Clinton‘s 2016 presidential bid, cautioned ahead of Tuesday’s midterms to treat exit polls “like online dating profiles.”
“Things may not be as they appear. And they may break your heart,” Mook wrote on Twitter.
First Election Board of the night

U.S. SENATE Democrats 25*  Republicans  42
U.S. HOUSE  Democrats  2(-1)  Republicans  6(+1)
GOVERNORS  Democrats 7  Republicans 7
8 pm Update
Drudge

HOUSE  D85 / R 93

FLORIDA GOV
GILLUM 49.6% DESANTIS 49.2%

9pm Update

Looks like we have our first Senate pick-up for the GOP

Indiana  D – Donnelly 42.0   R – Braun 53.9 Brenton 4.1   (50%)  GOP Pickup

10:20 pm Update

Looks like we picked up North Dakota and held Texas (Cruz) in a close one in the Senate.  The Dems have 11 pick-ups in the House.  They need 10 more but the Networks (NBC and Fox) have called it for the Dems already.  I’ll hang in there to see how this goes.

07NOV2018 7am Final Update

Well, the Dems took the House but by just a little more than the minimum necessary.  Disappointing but not earth shattering.  We picked up our 3 seats in the Senate.  The world goes on.  Thanks to everyone who participated.  It was a fun evening even if there were no meltdowns.

photog

54 thoughts on “2018 Mid-Term Election Night Live Blogging Open Post

• November 5, 2018 at 9:34 pm

Well, I’m no Nostradamus but I never believe the polls because they are always designed to influence voters not depict voters sentiment so I’m going to say that we gain in the Senate and maintain the house. Right now, however, I’m nearly giddy, as the all-knowing, all-powerful, MahaRushie is in his hometown Cape Girardeau Missouri for a rally with Trump, Hannity, Rush’s brother David Limbaugh. It’s a Conservative Roundtable. Only thing missing is Ronaldus Magnus Reagan!

• November 6, 2018 at 6:25 am

It is difficult not to be optimistic.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:33 am

Hello fellow Americans.

Big Night ahead.
    Update on my Predictions

Republicans gain 2 in the House and 3 in the Senate!

• November 6, 2018 at 9:44 am

Rick:
      Calling for a republican gain in the House shows more optimism than I can muster. Bravo.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:58 am

CNN’s Harry Enten has Dems at 227 and Reps at 208… 19 seats. He bases it off the options of other CNN politicos and how much money the Dems have to spend. Can’t wait for the crying.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:17 am

It’s not even fair making fun of CNN anymore. With Cuomo and Acosta it’s just too much like attacking the mentally disabled.

• November 6, 2018 at 7:32 pm

Well, we had to have some entertainment before the main attraction.

• November 6, 2018 at 7:54 pm

I’ve cracked open my first adult beverage for the drogging festivities. Trying to will a sweep in both house and Senate.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:07 pm

Drogging is an almost sacred responsibility. Any brain or liver cells that die during the drogging will go directly to Conservative Heaven where Saint Ronald will welcome them and gather them up in a jar so they’ll be there when you join them (far in the future of course). Bless you for your sacrifice.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:06 pm

Early returns worrying me… Not happy with FL Gov race thus far.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Worries me too. A couple dems where caught messing with votes couple days ago. If there is one place they will attempt a win by measure of vote fraud Fla. is the place. n

• November 6, 2018 at 8:24 pm

The Progs do seem to be good at fraud. It seems to be their stock in trade. Well, fingers crossed.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:36 pm

As I’ve said for some time now, the Rule of Law means nothing to liberals.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:40 pm

They have to cheat. Along with nullifying political results they don’t like via orchestrating law suits & judicial activism. Not enough useful dupes exist to vote them a majority. Why rule by mob too.
          They been cheating so long their political machine has no knowledge of honest politics. (Is that an oxymoron or what?)

They way us little people beat them is by voting in numbers which exceed the margin of vote fraud and gerrymander they possess. That what is seems like to me.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Well, the night is young. But there will probably surprises bad and good. Let’s hope the balance goes our way.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:12 pm

If the returns on the networks are overdue, its probably because the left is not doing well. It’s 9pm, and there’s not much showing up.
        I’m gonna take a swing thru the results.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:34 pm

Everything I’m seeing looks like a cooperative fake media effort to sway voting westward by sowing lies the leftists are winning key races. Their words do not match the data so far from what I’m seeing.
    Except for Washington and California, Republican’s are shown leading. But they are very early results or predictions.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Looks like somewhere between 1/32 and 1/1024 of the MA precincts reporting and the smoke signals are saying Warren.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:49 pm

They’ll put in a RINO as Governor after they’ve emptied the treasury but they have to have a barking mad moonbat for Senator to impress the Harvard Yard.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:13 pm

“barking mad moonbat” yeah, I’m saving that axiom.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:46 pm

My wife yelled to me to come watch CNN on her phone, the anchors are looking a little disconcerted though they are not saying anything. If the blue wave was materializing they would be peeing down their legs.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:51 pm

Later on CNN may be a hoot if things go our way.

• November 6, 2018 at 8:58 pm

And the great Peoples Republic of MA just reelected Granny Warren. Great job MA for re-electing 99.01% white liberal and Harvard’s ‘Woman of Color’, Fauxcahontas. Nearly 75% support for the woman who say’s to biz owners “You didn’t build that”, who supports illegal immigration, is against the 2nd amendment, checks the Native American box on Harvard application, and is just plain hard-core leftist who wants the Gov’t to control everything. Baffles me…
    Good question BostonMag..You’ll have to ask the Dembots why they just reelected her.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Yes but imagine the comic gold that The God Emperor would have for her if she was the 2020 Dem candidate? Remarkable.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:06 pm

Might be those generational high cheekbones.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:07 pm

There hasn’t been a honest election east of 495 in TPROM in 75 years. They infested NH beginning in the late 80’s with NY commie Shaheen and her corrupt attorney husband with their Clairemont racket. They made off with tens of millions and left a disaster behind them. It is Very important to converge NH, its the first to vote in POTUS elections, and it’s the birthplace of the finest 4th Gen warriors of the Revolutionary war.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:36 pm

So Nate Silver has dropped his odds to 55% that the Dems take the House. That sounds very good. Of course NBC has called the House for the Dems. Quite a feat of prediction!

• November 6, 2018 at 9:41 pm

The early calling is Pay-Ops, the results follow the sun westward, discourage republican voters. Remember, they would never make such an early call for the Right.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Thats Psy-Ops, damn spell check.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:25 pm

Drudge has the House wins so far: 20 Left, 42 Rep.

• November 6, 2018 at 9:40 pm

Fox already calling the House for the Dems. Really? Already? A majority of races not even counted yet!

• November 6, 2018 at 9:42 pm

Looks to be an early night if this is the case…suck!

• November 6, 2018 at 9:48 pm

Like to know where they get their results. I’m not seeing anything but early results. Something strange is happening.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:06 pm

News Beto beat Cruz. Wow. Maybe the world is loosing its collective mind.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:09 pm

Fox and NBC are calling the House and Silver is rolling the odds back up to 78%. I’ll hang in a while longer to get more on that. I didn’t see anything with Ted Cruz losing yet. Who is calling that?

• November 6, 2018 at 10:26 pm

Most hilarious line of the election:
      “…Nancy Pelosi speaking at a campaign event in Washington proclaimed that Democrats “will win tonight” and said her majority will, (get this),” run a Congress that is “open” and “transparent.”

• November 6, 2018 at 10:44 pm

If they do take the House we’ll have to hear that witch 24/7 if we turn on the MSM. But life will go on.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:10 pm

Cruz has whittled down Beto’s lead to 76 votes.
    Blackburn leading,House Dem: 33 Rep: 40 seats. Rep lost 2 seats Dem gained 2 so far

• November 6, 2018 at 10:24 pm

ABC has called the race for Cruz. But that probably involves some fuzzy math so time will tell.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:12 pm

The races Rep’s are ahead they are about guaranteed.
    The prediction of democracy controlled House is shrinking quickly.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:16 pm

ABC is saying Ted Cruz won in Texas.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Calling Beto the winner, conflict of interest much?

• November 6, 2018 at 10:32 pm

Fox says Cruz won yet only 32% vote in. How the hell do they do this? Can’t call Florida Gov or Senate race with 96% in but calling races with 30% or less. I hate this crap!

• November 6, 2018 at 10:51 pm

I’m guessing that the big liberal cities have completely reported and everywhere else will be mostly Republican. But who knows? For all we know the House could still be up for grabs.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:51 pm

Showing Dem 104 seats, Rep 117 seats. Half the country hasn’t reported. How can they make a claim Dem’s win majority? Its a mind job to keep people from voting Rep. This looks like 2016 all over again to me.

• November 6, 2018 at 10:53 pm

Got work tomorrow. Thanks for running the election post! Night everyone.
    Whatever happens is set, be there in the AM.

• November 6, 2018 at 11:03 pm

Good night. Thanks for stopping by. It was interesting.

• November 6, 2018 at 11:17 pm

Well Chip it looks like we’ll have to wait till morning for the California seats. I think I’ll call it a night. Talk to you tomorrow.