6 thoughts on “11JAN2019 – Quote of the Day

• January 11, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Okay, now since that’s cleared up , what’s for lunch?

Seriously though, sorta self evident, being all hardwired as we are.

• January 11, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Although James Joyce wrote some very admirable prose he was a fairly earthy individual. But in Ireland of his day a Victorian manner was fairly standard among the middle class and I think he considered himself a daring rule breaker. But in our current #metoo! hypocrisy I feel it’s fair play to remind the distaff contingent that when they flaunt their wares they aren’t really doing it for each other. Long ago I had a woman tell me that provocative dress was really just what women like to wear. You know, those comfortable high heels and tight jeans.

• January 12, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Women dress for other women, to either impress them or make them jealous. Men are a secondary consideration because we are so easily seduced.

• January 12, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Men need to assert their right to be men. If women are going to dress like strippers in the office it shouldn’t be something that men are expected to not notice. It’s absurd.

• January 13, 2019 at 10:23 am

My dear wife knew that a certain perfume, a word whispered in passing and a certain look was more effective in getting my motor started than anything Victoria’s Secret sold. She could wear old jeans and one of my old shirts and still manage to warm me up. When we went out where other women were going to be is when she dressed up. The exception was she always dressed modestly for church (she was RC) and wore a lace head scarf. No cleavage, no heels, knee length dress at the Cathedral.

• January 13, 2019 at 10:41 am

Sure, we all have our roles to play. And in a well ordered society we can all get along. Now it’s chaos and men and women can’t even figure out what to wear and when to wear it. Hell, the men and women can’t even be sure if they are men or women. It’s ridiculous.