The first thing that should be said is that even though Chris Wallace is a lefty creep, he is probably going to be the least offensive of the moderators we can expect during the rest of the debates. The ones going forward will probably be women from NPR and CNN that will whine and screech about every woman’s issue imaginable.
The format was supposed to be six segments with sometimes more than one question in each segment. Each candidate was supposed to get two minutes without interruption to answer the question. Well that didn’t happen. The President interrupted early and he interrupted often. But to be fair the lies that Biden was telling deserved to be refuted. And several of the topics were slanted obviously against the President.
The questions that I remember were about:
- The Supreme Court Pick
- The Economy
- Black Voters
- Law and Order
- President Trump’s Tax Returns
- Climate Change
- The President’s Ending of Anti-American Indoctrination in the American Government Offices
- Mail-In Ballots
I would say that the President got the best of the arguments about The Supreme Court Pick, Black Voters, Law and Order, Tax Returns, Climate Change, Anti-American Indoctrination and Mail-In Ballots. But that leaves COVID and the Economy that weren’t as clear cut. Biden hammered away at COVID with all he had. President Trump made his case but that round was more like a tie. And since that’s a very important issue that needs to be improved on in the next debate. On the economy both Biden and Wallace exaggerated the economic situation at the end of the Obama administration. And Biden downplayed how well the economy has recovered after the initial COVID shutdown. I want to give the President a slight edge on the Economy segment. So overall I’ll say President Trump won the debate. And above and beyond the stated topics, the President was able to raise the question of the culpability of Obama and Biden in the Russia-gate scandal and he hammered Biden on Hunter Biden’s activities in the Ukraine and China.
On a personal note I find it nauseating that the moderators still slant the whole proceeding clearly to the Left. It’s good to see the President stood up for himself and zinged Biden left and right. Some of my favorite moments were:
- When Biden said the President was unintelligent and President Trump came back and said that Biden was at the bottom of his class in college and lately couldn’t even remember the name of the town, he was in.
- When Biden criticized President Trump’s large rallies, the President mocked him saying the Biden rallies typically had about three people attending because no one wanted to attend something so boring.
So, to sum up what I saw:
- Biden has to be credited with not being brain dead. Whether chemically enhanced or just reinvigorated he only looked frail not demented.
- The President vigorously defended himself on all fronts and jabbed Biden on all his weak points.
- The moderators are going to be nakedly biased for Biden in their questions and their attitudes.
- The President is going to have to come up with a more coherent COVID story that attacks the Dems for their linkage to China, their ineffective handling of protecting the elderly in the states they govern and the damage their extended lockdowns are doing to people and the economy.