Reply To: Recommendations for a Replacement for Adobe Lightroom

Beginning Forums Photography Recommendations for a Replacement for Adobe Lightroom Reply To: Recommendations for a Replacement for Adobe Lightroom

TomD

Hummmm, none of those methods worked. All were attempts to link from flickr.

About you original topic: I’d be just fine with staying with my wholly owned copy of CS6 for the forseeable future except—— I shoot RAW format, exclusively, and the one truely indispensable Adobe tool is Adobe Camera RAW. And Adobe has this “precious little trait” of not updating Camera Raw to include new cameras as a method of forcing people to buy product updates.

An aside: Years ago I setteled on Faststone, a freeware image viewer with light editing capabilities, as my image viewing program. Faststone has no problems on reading RAW files from any camera of ant age.

I’ve used Lightroom and if that were my go to program, I doubt I’d have much trouble replacing it. But, to the best of my knowledge, there is no replacement for Photoshop.

My images come from the camera in RAW. If I elect to keep an image, put it on flickr, print it, anything, it gets run through PS and a copy saved as a jpeg but the original raw gets saved in a folder titled with the date of the photo. That way, I can always find it again.