Output’s been slow the last day or so because I’ve been working on some bigger fish. I’m starting an sf&f book that I’ve been kicking around for a while. It’s sort of a combination of sf and fantasy. It always gets blurry when you start adding multiverses and immortals. And that’s fine as far I’m concerned. If you consider the ramifications of things like quantum superposition then it’s hard to say that reality draws a clear line between science and magic. But it’s been fun and I’m making pretty good progress on both the outline and the beginning of the book. But it has cut into my blogging time lately.
Also, I’ve been trying to do a little more analytical thinking about our present political situation. We may have reached the point where yelling at the top of our lungs for people to wake up is no longer a useful task. I think everyone who isn’t stupid or evil has acknowledged that our government is hopelessly compromised against us. We need to switch gears and now focus on concrete plans to change the status quo.
And guess what, that’s not the easiest thing in the world to figure out. It’s not just one thing. It’s a million things. We are up against an almost monolithic structure that is intent on destroying our way of life. Individual defensive and offensive actions against such an opponent are so microscopically weak that they border on futility. It’s obvious that organization is the key to expanding our impact. But what organizations exist and which can you trust?
That is the kind of research I’ve been doing and it takes a lot of time and doesn’t provide instant results. But there is no way of getting around the analysis. So even though I enjoy ranting and raving and even though I think there is value in providing moral support and personal testament on the day-to-day events in the news I’m also looking to find answers to the questions we all have. Is there an organization that is making progress against our enemies? Is there an organization that can help us if we are attacked? Is there a resource for finding allies in the different activities of our lives? Such as religion, education, family activities, entertainment, sports, literature, professional societies, legal help, political organizing. What corporations are on our side, or at least have made a point to remain neutral? What news or social media companies will cater to us? If any of you have done similar searches feel free to leave something in the comments that will provide a lead in my search.
I know this is a very long-term project so I try to keep it from dominating my day. But at the same time, sometimes I have to follow a white rabbit pretty far down a hole to find out if he’s real or not. So that’s what I’ve been busy with lately. And I have the real-life stuff going on like all of you. Christmas is coming up and we have things to take care of, and end of year stuff to attend to. There are the young who need to be taught and the old who need to be remembered. And Camera Girl is there to roll her eyes and shake her head in disapproval and attend to the ordering of her domestic universe, which she believes gives her authority over all of my world. Hah!
Fifty years into this egregious bout of cultural devolution it is probably worth analyzing what we’ve learned. What seems clear is that the leaders of the supposed pillars of the old regime have proven themselves almost completely useless at withstanding the onslaught of the forces of dissolution. A closer examination of how this conflict proceeds demonstrates that these supposed leaders don’t actually care about the values of their institutions. Their primary motivation is maintaining their positions and prestige. They are completely comfortable with compromising their morals and even the legitimacy of their organizations if doing so will extend their places in the hierarchy. This has allowed almost unlimited damage to be done to the structure of human culture. It has been responsible for plummeting birth rates, widespread divorce and the crumbling of families. It also has contributed to an enormous increase in mental illness and depression. It is hard to imagine that the continuation of this trend for even a very short time won’t prove fatal to our people and way of life.
Looking around I see that several groups and individuals have begun to produce strategies and tactics to allow both offensive and defensive activities.
- Right wing blogs provide articles and discussion on who the enemy is and what tactics work best against them. A good example is Vox Day’s excellent book “SJWs Always Lie.”
- These same websites also act as news sources that allow you to bypass the mainstream media.
- On the religious side Rod Dreher wrote his book “The Benedict Option” to awaken orthodox believers to the severity of the problem and provide information on support organizations and tactics to protect families and educate kids on what it means to be a conservative Christian.
- Donald Trump provided us with a concrete example of what it means to expose the sell-outs in the republican party and call out the liars in the main stream media and get your message out there by social media and your own websites.
- Grassroots activism coordinated by some of the right-wing pundits and more prominent individuals can push back against thugs paid for by Soros and other progressive bankrollers.
- And finally, it becomes important to start building alternate structures to bypass the ones completely infested with progressives. Once again Vox Day has taken the lead with a publishing company that seeks out non-progressive authors. In addition to the science fiction and fantasy books that are the staple of Castalia House his company also produces books of interest to people on the right wing. He started up Infogalactic as an alternative to Wikipedia. And other individuals are building non-progressive structures too. Gab was started as an alternative to Twitter and Brave is an alternative browser that isn’t slanted to the left like Google.
Looking at this situation gives a mixed impression. Something like Trump winning the presidency and possessing majorities in the House, Senate and Supreme Court should be a reason for great hope and enthusiasm. But progress is sporadic and push back from the Deep State and the press is insanely vicious. The contrast in strength between the rich and powerful progressive institutions like the colleges and other schools, Hollywood and the Media against the tiny fledgling conservative websites and other businesses is staggering. And yet, being able to read free thoughts and express your own opinion is intoxicating.
What seems apparent is that the odds are daunting. But what also seems true is that the news black-out against our side is no longer as effective as before. Word is starting to get out. When Steve Bannon goes from Breitbart News to the White House change is definitely happening.
So, what I think can be said is that the road is a very long one. But the first few steps have been taken and the direction is known. My advice is link up with the others out there who are against the progressives. Remember that the enemy of your enemy is your ally. Don’t get into battles over our differences. Look to form ties to like-minded folks. But beware those in the republican party who attack Trump and say we must be “fair.” What they mean is kowtow to the politically correct nonsense that gives the progressives the whip hand.
And support any of these alternative structures that are formed. They need your help, patronage and encouragement. And if you can build anything of your own do it. If you have a talent or a knowledge base use it. And don’t get discouraged. It took half a century to get us in this mess. We won’t clean it up in a year or even a few but we can start to build a new foundation for a better world. And we can annoy the hell out of a lot of snowflakes, so there is that.