02FEB2021 – OCF Update – Happy Groundhog Day

Well just like Bill Murray in the movie, snow is making my life difficult.  It will be slow here on the site while I move X number of tons of snow and then head off to the dentist for Marathon Man fun and games.  I’ll update this update later when time allows.

Update:

Neill has suggested that a machine could replace me in my epic battle with the forces of nature.  But just as John Henry defeated the Steam Engine, I will defeat the bot.  Or die trying.  Well, maybe not.  I’ll probably split the work up into two days.  But it’s still plenty heroic of me.

5 1 vote

good speed

Xavier
Xavier
8 months ago

ehh God, that is.

Tyler, the Portly Politico

In the meantime, readers can enjoy my action-packed Groundhog Day post: https://theportlypolitico.com/2021/02/02/groundhog-day/

Neil M. Dunn
Neil M. Dunn
8 months ago

Snowbot. Yours for just under $2,000.

Thomas D
8 months ago

It was pretty cold down here too, I was forced to put on a long sleeved shirt.

TomD77
8 months ago
Reply to  photog

The Pacific coast probably has the best climate but the political climate more than negates that advantage. I’ve spent time in coastal SC in the marines + a couple of years professionally in the Charleston area. The summers would be more humid than you’re used to but, overall, pretty nice. I grew up and spent 80% of my life in north metro Atlanta/north Georgia area. That area or maybe Tennessee would definitely be worth a look. Huntsville Alabama is extremely cosmopolitan and in the hilly area of north Alabama. Its only 100 miles south of Nashville and the whole area… Read more »

TomD77
8 months ago
Reply to  photog

Well, God knows if you get down to the south end, Naples, Ft Meyers, Palm Beach, Miami, Lauderdale, etc., you’ll find plenty of expatriated New Englanders for company. Unfortunately, way too many brought their politics with them. Florida’s current governor and politics are a function of the Southern oriented portions of the state.