Sonyalpharumors Thinks There is a New Sony Wildlife Lens Coming Out Next Week

Our wacky friends at Sonyalpharumors have an SR4 (almost a certainty) alert out about a new lens that they think will be a long telephoto 400 – 600 range).

(SR4) Sony likely to announce a new new wildlife/sports lens on June 5/6!

I find that very interesting.  I’m in the market for a long lens and I have toyed with the idea of getting the Sigma 150 – 600 but I’d love to see Sony give us a native lens.  I figure the native autofocus would be amazing.  What might also be amazing (in a bad way) is the price.  Sony lenses have e a pretty stiff premium and anything north of $4K would start seeming exorbitant even to me.  But I’d still rent it to try it out so bring it!

6 thoughts on “Sonyalpharumors Thinks There is a New Sony Wildlife Lens Coming Out Next Week

• May 30, 2019 at 9:33 pm

Really good telephoto lenses are pricey as all get out. Zeiss being QUITE pricey. As for Hasselblad lenses – I should be so wealthy.

• May 30, 2019 at 9:51 pm

You’re not kidding. But sharp glass is my secret vice.

• June 2, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I’ve never gone out and spent stupid money on a tall lens. The best I’ve ever had is a mid-range A Mount Sony G 70-300. Looking back over my shots, I find that a lot of my favorites were taken by this lens. I’ve also discovered that the lens on a LE EA 4 adaptor works on my more recent E mount cameras. And, when mounted on my ASP-C sensor A6300, it performs as 105mm-450mm.

Below is a shot with this lens on my old A850.

[img][/img] on Flickr

• June 2, 2019 at 6:35 pm

That A-850 had great colors didn’t it? Yeah, I’m also repelled by the idea of spending thousands for a telephoto. But I’m interested in renting a good one for a few hundred for the right wildlife opportunity.

• June 2, 2019 at 4:58 pm