What makes President Trump so effective? It’s actually two things together.
- He knows how the game has been played.
- He’s not afraid of the players.
Let me elaborate
Donald Trump has looked behind the curtain and he knows the wizard is a fraud. He has spent his life dealing at first hand with the frauds and thieves who run the government in places like New York City and he knows that they’re corrupt and he knows they’re vulnerable. The Democrats have used their identity politics so successfully for so long because the Republicans will accommodate almost any compromise so long as their personal privileges are maintained. Both sides have abandoned the middle classes in exchange for Wall Street money and an identity politics charade in which each side plays its assigned part. The Left stokes the resentment of minorities and women and the Establishment Right mouths its platitudes about the Constitution and promises its constituency that half a loaf is better than nothing and someday the new Americans will see the light and forsake the Democrats.
Donald Trump could see from a mile off that JEB! and the rest of the Kabuki Theater crew were setting up to hand Hillary a rather easy win and he decided to pull the curtain aside and let the people see the truth about the Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz, that he was a fraud. He showed us that everything they said was a lie and the only missing ingredient needed for winning was wanting to win.
And even when the Deep State has thrown literally everything including the kitchen sink at President Trump and his supporters, he is inexorably pushing them back in every direction he has applied force.
- He forced the spineless Republican Congress to provide a tax cut and incentives for business to move back to the United States and in return the economy has come roaring back.
- He resisted the bait to involve the United States in any major military adventures overseas and in return places like North Korea have begun to talk about peace.
- He threatens NAFTA and China with tariffs and in return negotiations start to become the path forward.
- He tells Mexico that endless immigrants on our southern border will be the end of their free trade gravy train and in return the Mexican president agrees to stanch the flow of Guatemalans.
- He hires William Barr to be his Attorney General and in return Mueller folds his tent and Comey and company are quaking in their boots about the expected indictments that are just around the corner.2. When Donald Trump was a businessman negotiating with the government and the power brokers that call the shots, he found out that they are petty and mostly not that smart. He realized that if someone was willing to expose both sides of the scam, Democrat and Republican, then the people would see something worth voting for.
Now this is not a risk-free enterprise. People like the Clintons have made the politics of personal destruction a veritable art form. When you add in the operatives that Obama and Hillary staffed the Justice Department with you are talking about a recipe for high powered railroading of anyone standing in their way. Just look at the victims of the Mueller investigation, some of them were men whose only crime was agreeing to talk to the FBI without a lawyer present.
But President Trump has demonstrated that he knows how to navigate the swamp and now it looks like he has come out on the other side of this cesspool and is positioned to give them a taste of their own medicine.
Being capable of successfully confronting the coordinated offensive of the Media, the Democrat Congress and the Deep State is almost unprecedented. Nixon was forced to resign. The Bushes were chewed up until by the end of their tenures there was nothing left of either. And they were career politicians. Trump can do it because he’s not afraid of them. In fact, he enjoys punching back. His ability to get his message out and draw blood from his adversaries is his trademark. Low Energy Jeb and Crooked Hillary and Nervous Nancy. He always draws blood and he keeps on jabbing until he’s made his point.
And that’s the secret of President Trump’s success. Not only does he know his enemies’ weaknesses but he’s not afraid to go after them and make them afraid of him. And this is only the beginning. Once the Comeys and Brennans start to cut deals to get leniency we will see some bigger fish get fried. I’m of the opinion that by 2024 he’ll have retired or imprisoned most of the current big names in Democrat politics. Who knows, could Hillary be on that list?
So that’s what I think is the formula responsible for the political jiu-jitsu he does so well. He knows their tricks and he’s not afraid to mix it up with them. The other Republicans lack part or all of this combination. The knowledge and the courage. Let’s be thankful he came along. Let’s hope he trains his successor. We can’t afford any more Bushes.